Health and wellbeing

Information on health and wellbeing support during COVID-19.

Health support

Ministry of Health update their webpage regularly with the latest advice, information about self-isolation, and common questions and answers about COVID-19.

If you or your whānau are unwell, the best ways to get support are:

  • call your family doctor for advice or information. If you think you've been exposed to COVID-19 (through contact with someone who has it), it's important to let your doctor know.
  • call Healthline on 0800 358 5453 (if you're calling internationally call +64 9 358 5453). Calls are free and someone is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You can call them:
      • if you don't have a family doctor
      • if you're feeling unwell but you're not sure if you need to see a doctor
      • for advice about what's happening for you and next steps.

In an emergency, always call 111.

Stress counselling and support

Emergencies are usually unexpected, sudden and overwhelming. It's natural to feel emotionally and physically drained.

You're not alone in this and you don't need to cope on your own. Friends and family members not affected by the event can help you cope.

You can get more help and information from:

If you work, your employer may be part of the Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) and will be able to provide you with those details.