Childcare payments for teacher-only days (under 14 years)

If your child's school has a teacher-only day and you need to work, we may be able to help pay for childcare.

Who can get it

If you're getting before, after-school and holiday care payments for your child and the school is closed for a teacher-only day, we can pay for your child to attend childcare even if you're already getting the maximum hours.

Teacher-only days are when a school is closed to children for the day.

What you need to do

You need to complete a Change of Circumstances form. You can complete this form online and print it.

  1. View or download Childcare Assistance - Change of circumstances form. Make sure you include:
    • your child's name
    • the name of the provider
    • the date of the teacher-only day
    • the total numer of hours that your child was in childcare for that week
    • the total provider fee that was charged for that week.
  2. Get your childcare provider to sign the form.
  3. Post the signed form to your local service centre or you can email paperwork to us at

If you can't print the form, contact us and we'll send one to you.


Contact us if you need help or more information.