Job Support

Job Support is funding for you if you're disabled or have a health condition and want to get, or stay in, work. You can also get Job Support funding if you're self-employed.


You can't get Job Support if you're getting weekly compensation (ACC payments).

  • Who can get it

    You may get Job Support if you:

    • have a disability or a health condition that is likely to last for more than six months
    • are a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident
    • aren't getting support from ACC or the Ministry of Health
    • normally live in New Zealand and intend to stay here
    • are aged 16 to 65 years old (if you're getting funding and turn 66, you'll still get funding if you want to keep working).
  • How much you can get

    This depends on your circumstances.

    Job Support grants and subsidies help meet extra costs such as:

    • workplace modifications
    • job coaching
    • mentoring
    • physical support including on the job physiotherapy or attendant care
    • special equipment needed because of the person's disability or health condition
    • additional costs of transport or parking.

    It doesn't include any cost the employer has to legally provide.

    This information is a guide only. Contact us to talk about your individual circumstances.

  • For more information

    The Job Support service is run by Workbridge, for more information call them on 0508 967 527 or go to their Support Funds website.

  • How to apply

    For how to apply and to download the application forms, go to the Workbridge Job Support funding website page.

    The application forms are also in Workbridge centres, or you can get in touch with them to ask for an application form or talk about applying.