Training Support funding

Training Support is funding if you have a health condition or disability and want to do training, courses, work experience or other activities that make it easier for you to get, or stay in work.


You can't get Training Support if you're getting weekly compensation (ACC payments).

  • Who can get Training Support funding

    You may get Training Support if you:

    • have a health condition or disability that is likely to last for more than six months
    • are a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident
    • aren't getting support from ACC or the Ministry of Health
    • normally live in New Zealand and intend to stay here.

    This information is a guide only. Contact us to talk about your individual circumstances.

  • What it can be used for

    Training Support grants and subsidies can help you with extra costs such as:

    • getting training and education
    • gaining work experience
    • having a support person during a training course
    • special equipment needed because of your disability or health condition
    • additional costs of transport or parking.

    It doesn't include any cost the training provider has to legally provide.

  • How much you can get

    This depends on your circumstances.

    For more information go to:

  • How to apply for Training Support funding

    Workbridge run Training Support through its New Zealand Support Funds website. For details about how to apply and to download an application form, go to their Training Support funds website page.

    The application forms are also in Workbridge centres, or you can get in touch with them to ask for an application form or talk about applying.