1 December 2022
Disability Allowance - MSD-accredited medical alarm suppliers
Disability Allowance payments can be used to help with the costs of an MSD-accredited medical alarm for people who qualify for this assistance.
MSD-accredited medical alarm suppliers were recently reviewed, and the following changes come into effect from 1 December 2022:
- some suppliers have increased their pricing - clients Disability Allowance may be increased to cover their alarm service costs
- the alarm service provided by 'TraceCare' has been removed as an MSD-accredited medical alarm supplier
- an alarm service that can be used outside of the home has been introduced
In the most recent review, MSD has included the provision of personal medical alarm services that can be used outside of their home. People now have the choice of a MSD-accredited alarm service that covers them while they are in their home, or both inside and outside their home.
Special Needs Grants - Essential dental treatment
Clients can use a Special Needs Grant to help with the cost of essential dental treatment from 1 December 2022.
- removing the limit on the number of payments available in a 52-week period.
- increasing the Special Needs Grant maximum amount payable for dental treatment in a 52-week period from $300 to $1,000
- clients can get a Special Needs Grants for essential dental treatment, they do not need to be in an emergency situation
The following welfare programme has been updated, effective from 1 December 2022:
16 November 2022
Jobseeker Support - Full-time students
Students who are studying full-time do not qualify for Jobseeker Support. See:
Disability Allowance - Vitamins, supplements, herbal remedies and minerals
The 'Vitamins, supplements, herbal remedies and minerals' and 'Special foods' pages have been updated to remove reference to cost codes. There are no policy changes.
Agents - Clients served a trespass notice
The 'Clients served a trespass notice' process page has been removed from Map. Information for clients who have a trespass notice is available on the Work and Income website.