Housing when you leave prison

If you leave prison and have nowhere to stay, we may be able to help you find accommodation.

Housing with other organisations

Department of Corrections

Supported accommodation provides housing and other support for offenders with complex needs to help ease their transition back into the community.

Salvation Army

The Salvation Army Reintegration Services can help you with housing on release from prison, as well as a safe and supported transition into the community.

Housing we can help with

Emergency housing

If you have nowhere to stay tonight or in the next 7 days, you may be able to apply for emergency housing.

Public housing

If you can't find a private rental, you may be able to live in a public house where the Government pays part of the rent. These are houses that are rented out by Kāinga Ora (used to be Housing New Zealand) and other Community Housing Providers.