Take a look at the range of benefits and payments we have available.
Redundancy, health condition or disability or another reason you can’t work
Food, school costs, power, accommodation or other living expenses you need help with
You’ve had a relationship break-up, family breakdown or violent relationship end
Health and Disability
Counselling, prescription and GP costs, medical alarms and other costs we can help with
Travelling overseas, how to apply, payment rates and dates, overseas pensions, income and other info for Seniors
Caring for someone else’s child or someone with a health condition, injury or disability
Urgent or unexpected costs
Dental, glasses, car repairs, fridge, washing machine, funeral or other urgent costs you need help with
Childcare, school uniforms, stationery, having a baby and other costs if you have children
Fixing issues with Accommodation Supplement, Special Benefit and other payments we’ve made
16-19 year olds
Education, training, work and benefit help for 16-19 year olds
Benefits and forms
A-Z list of benefits, forms, benefit rates
Find out what services we can offer to help you find work and when you start a new job.
Looking for work
We have jobs available now in various industries and you can search on our job websites.
Help with your job search
From advice on making a plan, to tips on where to look and following up leads.
Training and experience
Our programmes can help you get ready for work with training and work experience.
Job Connect on Facebook
Find out how we can help you get ready to work, find work, and support available while you're working.
CVs and cover letters
We’ve got great templates and advice for writing your CV or cover letter, and filling out job applications.
Help with work costs
Get help to pay for the things you need to start work
Job support and advice
Get all the support and advice you need to stay in work.
Health and disability
If you want to work, we can support you to find the right job for you.
Start your own business
We can help you get your business up and running.
Get advice about how to prepare for and deliver a great interview.
Help for 16-19 year olds
We’ve got extra support for young people to get ready for work and find a job.
Check out what you need to do when you're getting a benefit or other payment from us.
Address, contact details, overseas travel, childcare, relationship or anything else that’s changed.
Declare income, wages deduction calculator and tables
Change in your childcare situation, continue childcare payments, cohort entry schools and other childcare information
Re-apply for Jobseeker Support, Sole Parent Support, Temporary Additional Support and more
Check or stop your payments, payment cards and other information
Check your debt, repayments and other debt information
Rights and responsibilities
Our commitment to you, obligations, complaints, benefit fraud and more
Find out how we can help you with housing.
Nowhere to stay
Get help if you have nowhere to stay right now.
Find a house
Find out where to look for private housing, or apply for public (social) housing.
Living in your home
Get help with accommodation costs, and advice on any housing issues and public housing tenancies.
Find out how we can help if you’re moving house.
Register as a Work and Income supplier
You need to register with us if you're a supplier of goods or services, and you want to receive payments from us or other service lines of the Ministry of Social Development. Payments include being able to accept Payment Cards or Youth Service Payments Cards.
Important information for private accommodation providers:
If you're registering for a one-off payment, e.g. bond, your supplier record will be removed after the one-off payment has been made. You will need to register again as a supplier to get future one-off payments.
- Complete either the:
- online supplier registration form
- paper-based supplier registration form – if you're registering for Youth Service Payment Card, your Merchant ID has letters in it, or you have problems with the online form.
- We'll email a copy of your completed online registration form (if you've used the online form) and let you know what happens next.
- Post or scan and email your completed, and signed, registration form and supporting documents to us.
If your business has more than one branch, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll help you with the process.
Register using the online form
- Only enter the first 62 characters of your business name or trading name.
- Enter your GST or IRD number without spaces or dashes.
We'll send you an email with your completed online registration form attached.
To complete your registration, you'll need to print out your completed form, sign it, and send it to us with your supporting documents.
Register using the paper form
Supporting documents we need to complete your registration
As well as your signed and completed registration form, we also need:
- verification of your bank account or building society account, which shows your account name, number and bank logo
- an EFTPOS printout, if you have EFTPOS, confirming your EFTPOS Merchant ID number.
If you're a landlord or accommodation provider, the following supporting documents are also required:
- land and water rates bills
- mortgage documents
- trust deeds
- photo ID for all the homeowners as is written on the land and water rates bills and mortgage details
- a written contract of authority if someone is acting on behalf of a homeowner. This includes contact details and photo ID for the homeowner(s) and the person acting their behalf.
- Property management:
- a contract between the property management company and the homeowner(s)
- Photo ID for the property manager and the homeowner(s).
- Head tenants:
- Tenancy agreements between the head tenant and the homeowner(s)
- Photo ID for the head tenant and the homeowner(s).
Where to send registration forms and supporting documents
You can either scan and email your completed registration form and supporting documents or post them.
Central Processing Unit
PO Box 43 195
Email scanned copies to:
To change any of your business details complete this form:
Post the form to the address shown above along with any relevant documentation, e.g:
- bank account verification, if your bank account has changed
- EFTPOS printout confirming your new Merchant ID number.
If you need to refund money from a one-off payment or a payment made using a payment card, the refund needs to go to MSD. This might be because the client paid for goods or services they didn't get. See process below.
If you need to refund money from a regular payment made by MSD on behalf of a client, the refund needs to go to the client. This might be because we made a payment after the client had stopped a weekly service. An exception to this is refunds for regular payments made to SPARK. These refunds need to be paid to MSD. We will the process the refund and pay it back to the client.
Refunding money to the Ministry of Social Development
You can do this by direct credit:
Account name: MSD ROBOC 3
Account number: 03-0049-0006243-25
Reference: Add the letter C and customer’s 9-digit reference number (without spaces or dashes) eg C123456789
Particulars: Client surname and initial
Please then email Crown_Revenue@msd.govt.nz to confirm a refund has been paid and include details of:
- the amount
- customer’s surname and initial
- customer’s 9-digit MSD reference number
- what the refund is for eg, washing machine.
Call us on 0800 559 009 and say 'supplier' when our phone system asks you what you're calling about. Then say you need technical help with the website. You'll be put straight through to someone who can help.