Register as a Work and Income supplier

You need to register with us if you're a supplier of goods or services, and you want to receive payments from us or other service lines of the Ministry of Social Development. Payments include being able to accept Payment Cards or Youth Service Payments Cards.

How to register

  1. Complete either the:
    • online supplier registration form
    • paper-based supplier registration form – if you're registering for Youth Service Payment Card, your Merchant ID has letters in it, or you have problems with the online form.
  2. We'll email a copy of your completed online registration form (if you've used the online form) and let you know what happens next.
  3. Post or scan and email your completed, and signed, registration form and supporting documents to us.

If your business has more than one branch, please email and we'll help you with the process.

Register using the online form

  • Only enter the first 62 characters of your business name or trading name.
  • Enter your GST or IRD number without spaces or dashes.

We'll send you an email with your completed online registration form attached.

To complete your registration, you'll need to print out your completed form, sign it, and send it to us with your supporting documents.

Register using the paper form

  • Supporting documents we need to complete your registration

    As well as your signed and completed registration form, we also need:

    • verification of your bank account or building society account, which shows your account name, number and bank logo
    • an EFTPOS printout, if you have EFTPOS, confirming your EFTPOS Merchant ID number
    • if you're a landlord or accommodation provider, proof that you own the property or you're authorised to act for the owner, eg:
      • mortgage documents
      • rates documents
      • trust deeds.
  • Where to send registration forms and supporting documents

    You can either scan and email your completed registration form and supporting documents or post them.

    Post to:

    Payment Card
    Central Processing Unit
    PO Box 43 195
    Mangere 2025

    Email scanned copies to:

  • How to change your business record

    To change any of your business details complete this form:

    Post the form to the address shown above along with any relevant documentation, eg:

    • bank account verification, if your bank account has changed
    • EFTPOS printout confirming your new Merchant ID number.
  • Refunding money owed

    If a refund is required following a one-off payment or a payment made using a payment card, it must be returned to MSD. See process below.

    If the refund is for a regular payment made by MSD on behalf of the customer, then these payments need to be returned to the customer (our client) directly.

    Refunding money to the Ministry of Social Development

    You can do this by direct credit:

    Account name: MSD ROBOC 3

    Account number: 03-0049-0006243-25

    Reference: Add the letter C and customer’s 9-digit reference number (without spaces or dashes) eg C123456789

    Code: RFD

    Particulars: Client surname and initial

    Please then email to confirm a refund has been paid and include details of:

    • the amount
    • customer’s surname and initial
    • customer’s 9-digit MSD reference number
    • what the refund is for eg, washing machine.
  • Where to get more help