Registering your childcare service

To receive payments from us you need to be a licensed childcare service and registered to receive subsidies.

Step 1 - Become a licensed childcare service

All childcare providers must have a Ministry of Education licence to operate a childcare service before the children in their service can receive subsidies. The licensing criteria for childcare services are different depending on the service types.

Step 2 - Register to receive subsidies

For parents or caregivers to receive subsidies, you need to register your details with us.

You need to:

  • complete the Childcare/OSCAR provider registration form
  • provide evidence of your:
    • bank account
    • Ministry of Education licence
    • fee structure.

You can either:

  • email them to us at
  • drop them into any Work and Income service centre
  • post them to:
    Centralised Services
    Private Bag 9029
    Whangarei 0148

We'll be in touch once everything's been processed or if we need anything else.

If you have any questions or need any help, please contact us